Last week many of you attended the Heart2Heart lunch and planning session. For those of you who were not able to attend, we missed you; the food was delicious and we enjoyed a great time of fellowship.
Following lunch, your Heart2Heart leadership team introduced plans for a women’s conference to be held in February of next year. This is something that we have had on our hearts and in our prayers for quite some time.
As we shared our vision for the conference everyone seemed very excited. It’s our hope that when you see what we have planned, you will get excited as well.
Hosting a conference takes a lot of planning, a lot of hands, and a lot of prayer. Yes, it takes a lot of work but the reward is more than worth it. No matter what your gift, there is an opportunity for you to serve.
For each area of the event there is a need for a Committee Leader and multiple Committee volunteers. Please, review the following information and then let us know where you might be interested in helping.
We’ve provided a Committee Interest Form for you to indicate where you would consider serving. By indicating your interest, you are not necessarily making a commitment, you’re letting us know where your interests are so that we can have a better idea of our resources.
In addition to committee volunteers, we will need Break-Out Session leaders. If you are interested in leading a session, or if you know someone you feel would be a good candidate, please provide that information as well.
PUBLICITY (Gerri Almond-Chair; Charissa McSwain-Committee Volunteer)
- Develop and disperse all media and promotional materials
DECORATING (Amy Jo McCranie-Chair; Karen Farnsworth-Committee Volunteer)
- Responsible for all venue decorations Set up for opening night
- Table settings for conference
PROGRAMS (Sandra Smith, Chair; Kathy Dempsey-Committee Volunteer)
- Obtain/prepare all needed materials for pre-event and conference session
WORSHIP (Mikki Halbach-Chair)
- Recruit worship leader
- Work with worship leader to select music Coordinate with A/V team to insure systems work properly
REGISTRATION – BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Coordinate pre-event registration process.
- Manage scheduled breakout session attendance.
FOOD & BEVERAGES (Diane Manor, Chair; Margaret Hans-Committee Volunteer)
- Arrange for all food and beverages for both event days
SET UP/CLEAN UP (all volunteers will assist with after event cleanup)
- Set up reception room
- Set up/arrange rooms for breakout sessions
- Create/post directional signage
- Plan icebreaker activities
- Arrange for door prizes (Donations if possible)
PRAYER TEAM (Louise Thomas-Chair)
- Be in prayer for the Conference, leaders, volunteers, attendees, conference speaker and teachers.
- Lead opening and closing prayers at conference
- Be available throughout event to pray with attendees as needed
- Recommend/interview candidates for opening night speaker
SPEAKER SUPPORT TEAM
- Provide for speaker materials as requested
- Coordinate with A/V team to insure equipment is working properly Attend to personal need of speaker as needed (water, tissues, etc)
GREETERS/TABLE LEADERS (Kathy Dempsey-Chair)
- Greeters welcome guests as they arrive and answer any questions guests may have
- Table leaders insure all guests are engaged
- Coordinate with worship and speaker support teams to insure all materials are provided as needed and equipment is working properly
OPENING NIGHT – FRIDAY-FEBRUARY 28th
- Sign in & Cupcake Social 6:30-7:00 PM
- Opening Prayer
- Worship 7:00 – 7:30 PM
KEYNOTE SPEAKER 7:30 – 8:30 PM
Day 2 SATURDAY – FEBRUARY 29th
- SIGN IN
- 7:45–8:20 AM Continental Breakfast
- Coffee Bar available throughout event
- Time For Jesus – 8:30-9:20
- Marriage and God’s Provision – 9:30-10:20
- Parenting – 10:30-11:20
- Hospitality – 12:30-1:20
- Cooking – 8:30-9:20
- Gardening – 9:30-10:20
- Organizing – 10:30-11:20
- Money Management – 12:30-1:20
- Restoring the vessel – 8:30-9:20
- Accessorize for life – 9:30-10:20
- Single again – 10:30-11:20
- Care givers – 12:30-1:20
WORSHIP/CLOSING – 1:30-2:30